Search My Blog

Google

Friday, January 11, 2008

My First Blog Entry


I am very excited about this blog and I hope it turns out to be as good as I imagine. I am writing this because I have been very keen for a while now to publish a website where I can inspire others in this journey called life. We have all come to this special place on earth to experience a joyful journey and I believe we can all help each other to live it the best we can. I also wanted to share a little about my experience with breast cancer. Rather than make this blog all about the cancer, I decided to mix it up with my thoughts and ideas about how I want my life to be. Much of these ideas are based on the challenges I have faced in my life and some from the experiences of friends and family. I believe that much is to be learned from the material around us, such as movies, TV shows, books, what people say to us etc. These are valuable tools which we can draw on to make our lives the happiest that we can. The book “Conversations With God” by Neale Donald Walsch is about a man who claims that he had talked to God and records it in the book (sounds crazy – but the book is amazing with such inspiring ideas). Neale talks about how God says that he sends messages to us through these materials (i.e. movies etc.) and all we have to do is open our eyes and take notice. Ever since I read that, I take even more notice and learn from the media that inspired me. Needless to say I will be referring to them in my writings.




No comments: